Job Title: Entry-Level Web and Software Application Developer
Operating since 2006, Planet Telex, Inc. is a small business located in Denver, Colorado. Our goal is to create a better quality of life through software, interface design, and development. Planet Telex believes in encouraging and empowering our employees to produce the highest quality craftsmanship by respecting their intelligence and freedom. In respecting these aspects of our employees, we believe we can provide a better quality of life for our personnel as well as our clients.
Our team is growing and we are currently looking for an entry-level Web and Software Application Developer to enhance and participate with our team in developing and maintaining application functionality to support both client and internal products and services.
As a member of the Planet Telex team, our Web and Software Application developer will be involved in the design and development of various components for several projects. Projects assigned will occur in multiple platforms and technologies; applicants will be expected to demonstrate a strong passion for learning as well as the ability to learn quickly and self-reliance. The flexibility to work in multiple environments provides our employees with the ability to become well-rounded developers proficient in multiple technologies. Development work on projects will be subject to periodic code reviews by the lead developer and reviewed for requirement fulfillment by the project organizer. Planet Telex employees are encouraged to discuss options or alternate solutions to assigned projects/tasks with their lead developer. Our employees are not code monkeys and will not be treated as such; we respect and understand that there can be many ways to tackle a problem and believe in evaluating all suggestions for the best possible solution.
Planet Telex employees telecommute with an occasional assignment or meeting that may require an office presence. Providing employees the ability to work remotely allows the individual the freedom to determine when they do their best work. Planet Telex employees take pride in their work, this company, and themselves.
Interested applicants should fill out the contact form below, you will receive a follow up email to which to send your resume.
- Be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis (Citizen, Permanent Resident, Green Card).
- Be self-disciplined, self-motivated, and well-organized.
- Have a basic understanding of OOP / programming.
- Have some competency in at least one of the following languages: C# or Java.
- Have some competency with RDBMS products such as MySQL or SQL Server.
- Posess strong problem solving skills.
- Work as part of a project based team to deliver a complete and quality solution in a timely manner.
- Easily adapt to changing priorities.
- Effectively communicate; both verbally and in writing.
- Be programming language agnostic.
- Have continuous access to high speed Internet.
Applicants Preferrably Possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics or related field.
- Linux experience.
- Experience with MVC Frameworks.
- Basic knowledge of HTML / CSS.
- Experience with Visual Studio.
- Experience with the Eclipse IDE.
- Familiarity with Atlassian products (for example: JIRA, Confluence, FishEye).
- Familiarity with the Agile/SCRUM methodologies